Coaching is a great way of being involved in basketball, whether you have stopped playing, coaching your son or daughter in a local Aussie Hoops program, getting involved with a team at your club or association, or taking the next step in your coaching career.
Coaches at Ashy Basketball club are volunteers who:
- Understand and uphold the club’s Code of Conduct
- Be inclusive and provide all players, existing and new, with equal opportunities to participate
- We have a great subbing spreadsheet to help you work out even court times.
- Provide meaningful and accurate feedback to the Club on individual players, team performance and grading levels as requested by the Club
- Use the coaches bag and always carry the first aid kit
- Utilise the Resources section or Aussie Hoops program to assist in basic skills training
- Work with the Team Manager for the benefit of their team and keep each other informed of developments concerning the team or any individual player.
- Refer to the Referee Feedback section for issues regarding referees
- Take notes on your players performance to help you decide on the coaches award at the end of the season.
- Present your MPV and Coaches awards to your players at the end of each season.