Coaching is a great way of being involved in basketball, whether you have stopped playing, coaching your son or daughter in a local Aussie Hoops program, getting involved with a team at your club or association, or taking the next step in your coaching career.
Coaches at Ashy Lightning Basketball club are volunteers who:
- Are inclusive and provide all players, existing and new, with equal opportunities to participate
- We have a great subbing spreadsheet to help you work out even court times.
- Provide meaningful and accurate feedback to the Club on individual players, team performance and grading levels as requested by the Club
- Work with the Team Manager for the benefit of their team and keep each other informed of developments concerning the team or any individual player.
- Refer to the Referee Feedback section for issues regarding referees
Information on the training venues we hire out, can be found here.
Junior Training Schedule
The current Junior training schedule.
All Ashy coaches are required to carry a first aid kit (especially at training venues). This can be found in the coaches bag, along with cones and a coaches board etc. You can order replacement first aid items.
MPV and Coaches Awards
- Take notes on your players performance to help you decide on the coaches award at the end of the season.
- Present your MPV and Coaches awards to your players at the end of each season.